Monday, May 30, 2011

Third Family and Almost the Bus Trip!

So, I've successfully moved into my third family (three weeks ago). It's at my friend's house in the countryside, which means the pool has great views of the mountains, but I've found two huge black spiders in my room two nights in a row. The second night, my host sister wasn't there and I didn't want to go running to the host mom so I killed it myself with the broom- yet another instance of my increasing maturity thanks to Rotary. I have the host sister who's my age and my friend, and then another host sister who's nine. She and I have cherry seed spitting contests by their little cherry tree.
It's so weird to think that I only have two weeks left here... it's so sad because this year really has been incredible and I've made so many friends that I don't want to leave! I'm determined to get a job when I get back so I can come back to France and visit my exchange friends. Also, Pauline (my host sister) and I have made plans to go to Northern Europe in two years. Sooo, if anyone knows of  a job opening...!
Anyway, tomorrow morning I leave for the bus trip- we're going to Germany, Austria, Italy, Monaco and Switzerland all in eleven days! I'm so excited and I'll be sure to post photos when I get back, along with photos of my new host house!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time on the bus trip! I hope you enjoy your last 15 days in Europe :)

    ReplyDelete